First USA Online Pitch Night - Networking in Virtual World
A select group of attending US business visionaries, angel investors, investment professionals, money managers and venture capitalists will share insights and experiences with the featured entrepreneurs online.
Time & Location
May 13, 2020, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EDT
Login instructions with registration
About the Event
First USA Online Pitch Night
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Starlight Capital and Startup Club are pleased to invite you to our upcoming corporate presentation and investor networking forum online. Carefully selected companies will present their opportunities to and receive questions/comments from investor guests.
6 pm EDT: Login/Introduction by host
6:10: First Flight of Presenting Companies (5 minute pitches followed by 5 minutes of Q&A each)
6:40: Second Flight of Presenting Companies
7:10: Third Flight of Presenting Companies
7:30: Adjournment /Continued informal networking online
A few of our confirmed presenting companies include:
- SpecNano (https://specnanotech.com/)
- Ascent Care Partners (https://www.ascentcarepartners.com/)
- Floodlight Software (https://floodlightsoft.com/)
- Deep Recognition Technology (https://deeprecognition.io/)
- Expansion Ammunition (https://expansion-ammunition.com/)
- IPOP Press, Inc. (http://ipoppress.com/)
I hope that you decide to join us there.
Bryan Emerson Steve Brewer
1 (713) 234-1531 tel 1 (713) 443-3662 tel
P.S.: Past investor event attendees included Palmetto Partners, Savoy Capital, Gallipolis Partners, Cockrell Family Partners, Gaylord Interests, Duncan Interests, Cheyenne Partners, LB Capital, Way Holdings, RD Heritage, BJW Investments, Cullen Foundation, Elm Creek Partners, Duke Capital Management, Memorial Herman Investment Fund, Raymond James, Fenner Weller, Rushmore Investment Advisors, Southwell Partners, Tracadia Capital, Aggie Venture Partners, Houston Angel Network members, Aggie Angel Members, Hill Country Angel Members, Dallas/Ft. Worth Angel Members, Brazos Angel Members, Texas Halo Fund, and GOOSE Fund, among many others.
Note: The presenter registration fee includes all expenses (server space, technician, virtual host, hardware) related to your participation in the online event.
A Note to Potential Entrepreneur Attendees
If you are currently raising capital and need to take any of the following steps, then you should seriously consider applying to present at this event.
1) Go outside of your existing network of contacts to find investors.
2) Schedule an expensive national road trip to meet capital sources.
3) Pay to retain an investment banker or placement agent.
4) Find a cost-effective proven venue to locate new investors.
5) Accelerate the funding process to execute your business plan.
6) Move-on, as you are still waiting to hear back from investors, who should have provided the funding you needed by now.
Although we wish it could be, this is not a free event. (As is true with most things in life, it is not what or if you pay, but what you get for what you pay.) We are not part of any non-profit group or government agency and our events are not primarily funded by vendors or service providers, which ensures an "investor-only" venue. Accordingly, companies are required to pay a fee to be featured at the event based upon a number of alternatives, which we try to tailor to the financial situation of each company and may include a partially differed or contingent payment. As every company varies with respect to its financial resources, stage, revenues and funding requirements, we do not have a "one size fits all" structure with respect to fees or visibility options. Our forum could be best described as a co-op for the companies that present - such as a trade show would be. We underwrite the events and the featured companies share in the overhead cost. They do so because our model ensures them an audience of nearly 100% qualified investors who have paid to attend and whom we disclose in advance.
This highly-targeted venue can help you solve the three biggest problems in the fundraising process:
1) identifying qualified investors;
2) gaining credible entrée to them; and
3) meeting them under favorable circumstances. Moreover, the event drives the single most essential factor in getting funded quickly, and that is the ability to create contemporaneous interest among investors - which also can serve to significantly improve deal terms.
Please keep in mind that this event distinguishes itself from many other venues in several key respects. Here are a few of them:
1) Nearly 100% of the guests (not connected with the presenting companies) are active investors.
2) Presenting companies reach a national audience of qualified funding sources focusing on early-stage opportunities.
3) Only a few companies are featured on the program which provides for high visibility to investors.
4) The events are not sponsor-supported and accordingly not heavily populated with service providers.
5) There are no concurrent activities or competing presentations. All companies present to the entire audience.
6) Companies are never more than 10 to 20 minutes from their question/comment period after they present.
7) These are "deal-oriented" events. There are no panels or other distractions that keep the spotlight from the presenters.
8) The majority of the attendees are principals of the private equity or venture capital firms whom they represent.
9) Presenters can plan for the forums in advance as we provide confirmed guest information prior to the conference dates.
10) Featured companies benefit from the strong brand equity that we have built with investors over nearly 20 years.
If you believe that your company's potential is truly compelling and that management's vision can be effectively communicated, this private event will provide you with a unique national platform to get your message across in "One Place and in One Day" to active serious investors who want to see fundable deals.
Sample Prior Fundings
We estimate that several hundred million dollars has gone to past Presenters over recent years, much of which could be directly or indirectly attributed to our forums. Our prior conference guests and other funds who have invested in these businesses include such prominent groups as those listed below by funded company. Of course, there is no assurance that presenting at our upcoming forum will result in obtaining capital.
FlexLight Networks: Accel Partners, Applied Materials Ventures, Concept Ventures, Concord Ventures,
Coral Ventures and St. Paul Venture Capital
Aircuity: IDP, Navigator Technology Ventures, Venture Capital Fund of New England, Industrial Development Partners
iKimbo: Cross Atlantic Capital Partners, Draper Atlantic, MRW Enterprises, Schoffstall Ventures and Riggs Capital Investment
Visioneered Image Systems: Baker Capital, 21Venture and Arcturus Capital
Adzilla: Alloy Ventures and Norwest Venture Partners
LNL Technologies: Mohr and Davidow Ventures
BioVigilant: Battelle Ventures, Community Investment Corporation, Innovation Valley Partners and Pearl Street Venture Funds
Ifbyphone: Apex Venture Partners and Origin Ventures
HardMetrics: NextStage Capital, Osage Ventures and SilkRoad Equity
Burly Bear Network: NB Capital Venture Partners, New York City Investment Fund, Constellation Ventures and CIT Venture Capital
TelaDoc: Tri-State Private Investors Network and Trident Capital
Dogmatic: Roark Capital Equity Partners, Snowden Investments, Venture
Performance Partners and Tri-State Private Investors
Vystar: Tri-State Private Investors and Network of Business Angels and Investors
Cybersettle: Spencer Trask Ventures, Tri-State Private Investors Network, Bowery Partners and Saint-Donat & Co.
E Ink: FA Technology Ventures, Hearst Corporation, Intel Capital and Motorola Ventures
Xtellus: AIG Orion Fund, Alta Berkeley Venture Partners and Israel Seed Partners
nTag: Pilot House Ventures and Group Sevin Rosen Funds
Operative (Formerly Trafficmac): Aardvark Capital
AgriPower: Vogel Capital Management and other investors
Hingi: Opus Capital Ventures
Xtify: Acadia Woods Partners and SeventySix Capital
Health Plan One: Pequot Capital and Greycroft Partners
Lymbix: GrowthWorks and Atlantic Venture Fund
Santos Spirits: Bennett Private Equity and Angel Investments
Very early-stage companies might consider working with Startup Club at www.startupclub.biz.